Search E-books in this Library

6/22/2011

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button by Francis Scott Fitzgerald

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

by Francis Scott Fitzgerald

 

Description

Language: English
Published in: 1922
Categorie(s): ,
Word count: 9,129 words (≈ 37 minutes)
The Curious Case of Benjamin ButtonSource: http://www.gutenberg.org
Copyright: This work is available for countries where copyright is Life+70 and in the USA.
This story was inspired by a remark of Mark Twain's to the effect that it was a pity that the best part of life came at the beginning and the worst part at the end. By trying the experiment upon only one man in a perfectly normal world I have scarcely given his idea a fair trial. Several weeks after completing it, I discovered an almost identical plot in Samuel Butler's "Note-books."
The story was published in "Collier's" last summer and provoked this startling letter from an anonymous admirer in Cincinnati:
"Sir--
I have read the story Benjamin Button in Colliers and I wish to say that as a short story writer you would make a good lunatic I have seen many peices of cheese in my life but of all the peices of cheese I have ever seen you are the biggest peice. I hate to waste a peice of stationary on you but I will."

Dowload from www.feedbooks.com:

Download it now!
Available Formats:
EPUB
KINDLE
PDF

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Comment